Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome Back!

It is with great pleasure I greet you all and relish in the opportunity to use this blog to introduce some great reading material. As a librarian and A.P. Literature teacher I am passionate about indulging in stories. I will use this blog to introduce new and old works that you may want to check out!
Doc by Mary Doria Russll-2012. Recommended by our own James Cordova- JM Football Coach and devoted reader! This was a wonderful story that I was surprised I liked, mainly because this was out of my usual "comfort" genre. Goodreads states :" Authentic, moving, and witty, Mary Doria Russell’s fifth novel redefines these two towering figures of the American West and brings to life an extraordinary cast of historical characters, including Holliday’s unforgettable companion, Kate. First and last, however, Doc is John Henry Holliday’s story, written with compassion, humor, and respect by one of our greatest contemporary storytellers."-Pick this up if you want something different, historical and truly enlightening. Really loved the characters. Easy read!-Thanks James!

No comments:

Post a Comment